MEANING OF CHRISTIANITY (1) By
Evang. M. M. Akindutire
Christianity is the faith tradition that focuses on the “FIGURE OF JESUS CHRIST”. Acts. 11: 25–27
The purpose of this title is to understand the truth of the Bible. The purpose of our gathering together as “A CHURCH” and the expectations of the people around, that sees us going to Church. “He found Saul and brought him to Antioch; Where they met with the Church for a whole year and taught many of its people. There in Antioch the Lord’s followers were first called Christian (Acts. 11:26 CEV). Christianity presents hope in Christ Jesus to the lost souls. Christianity represents the Kingdom of God on earth.
Christianity is a pure and totally different lifestyle, not majorly a religion.” And if some have compassion, making a difference (Jude 1:22 KJV)” Christianity is all about saving and snatching the lost souls from the fire.
Beginning of Christianity:
Christianity originally started from “The life, The teachings, His death, His resurrection and His accession.
Who are the Christians:
Christians are Christ followers -many people believe going to Church occasionally or simply believing makes them a Christian. But the Bible presents a different perspective and definition of a Christian.
- A Christian is someone whose behavior and heart reflects Jesus Christ. “There in Antioch the Lord’s followers were first called Christians”
- A Christian follows the footprint of Jesus Christ, “Follow me, and I will make you…”
- A Christian is one that looks unto Him alone, no matter how hard the situation might be. “Looking unto Jesus the author and the perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising shame, and hath sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. “(Hebrew 12:2 ERV)”
- A Christian is the Cross carrier , who hath denied him/herself of many of many pleasantry things, “Then Jesus said to His disciples,” if any of you wants to be My follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow Me (Matthew 16;24 NLT)”.
- A Christian is not a Church goer , but a person that sees him/herself as a stranger on earth. “I am only a foreigner in the land. (Psalm 119:19a NLT)”
“I am a sojourner on the earth (Psalm 119: 19a ESV)”
- A Christian will not entangle itself with things of this world. “And they sent their disciples to Him, along with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are true and teach the way of the God truthfully, and you do not care about anyone’s opinion, for you are not swayed by appearances (Matthew 22:16. ESV).
People around and far distance have confidence in the truthfulness of Jesus as human on His earthly ministry. People must have confidence in you, your yes must be yes and your no must be no.
- A Christian has nothing to do with the venue, the building or the convenience, but the Church goers are after these things. “And Jesus says to him, The foxes have holes, and the Birds of the sky places of rest, but the son of Man has nowhere He may lay His head (Matthew 8:20 LSV)”.
- A Christian is one that prefers the kingdom of God and puts his/her hope on heavenly blessings. “Seek the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need (Matthew 6; 33 NLT)”
Material things shouldn’t be the primary sum of a Christian, because, we have The God that owns the heavens and the earth, it’s only unbelievers that is after earthly things. “These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.
The Benefits of A Christian:
There are uncountable benefits for being a Christian. But the most enjoyable one is seeing yourself by His right hand side after the afflictions of this world. Everyone expects benefits from anyone you are following or serving.
“Then Peter answered Him, saying, “Look, we have given up everything and followed You (becoming Your disciples and accepting You as teacher and Lord), what then will there be for us. (Matthew 19: 27 Amp.Bible)”. Jesus said to them, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, in the renewal (that is, the messianic restoration and regeneration of all things) when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you (who have followed Me, becoming My disciples) will also sit on the twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Flesh and blood will not allow you to be one of His followers, except by the help of The Holy Spirit. He is at the door of your heart knocking, if you open the door of your heart to Him, He will gladly enter into you, dwell with you, erase your sins, “for He died for you, when you are still a sinner, He said on your behalf, that, “Father, forgive them for they don’t know what they are doing”.
It is time for you to be” A CHRISTIAN and A CHURCH GOER”, when you carry your cross and follow Him, He will then make you and fashion you for His own glory. He laid down His life for your sake. Don’t postpone your new life but let it be now, and there will be a great joy in heaven for a sinner that got repented. Don’t wait for part two before you start enjoying the grace of God.
I pray that you will not be a castaway on the day of judgment in Jesus name.
Evang. M. M. Akindutire (Jesus Fire) is the Senior Pastor of PRAYER and THE WORD Apostolic Ministry, Etegbin, Shibiri, Ojo, Lagos.