From Bartered Life To Better Life By Ben Omoregie
The Lord directed Jeremiah to go to the potter’s house and there He would give him a message for the Nation.
The story has a lot of lesson for us as disciples of Christ. The Bible made it clear that we are the clay and God is the potter.
It is God, the potter that has the power and the design to what type of vessel He will make us into.
Here are some heroes of the Bible who went through some life storm on their way to success:
Joseph was hated, sold out, bought over, tempted, imprisoned and forgotten before attaining a successful position.
Moses was born in a deadly time, became a fugitive, suffered in the wilderness with animals and faced extreme hard times before he successfully led the Israelites.
David was hated by his family, and Saul. He became a fugitive and a wilderness dweller before becoming King of Israel.
Our Lord Jesus Christ was doubted, insulted, arrested, tried, condemned and murdered before becoming the King of Heaven and the Earth.
You shall succeed in Jesus’ mighty name.
Following are lesson to learn;
(1) As the clay totally submits to the potter’s hand, so we need to willingly and totally submit ourselves to the hand of God.
(2) As the clay did not struggle with the potter, so we must not struggle with the Lord. Isaiah.45:9.
(3) It is the potter that determines and designs what shape and seizes of the vessel he makes of the clay, so also, we must allow God to determine and design what He wants to make of us. Jeremiah.18:4.
(4) As the clay does not query the potter so we are not to query or dictate to God. Isaiah.29:16.
(5) A marred vessel can still be made into usefulness if it remains in the potter’s hand. Jeremiah 18:4-6.
(6) It is God as the potter that moulds both our character and our service as we remain submissive unto Him. Jeremiah 18:4-6.
(7) God will never give up on any marred vessel that remains fully yielded to Him.
* No matter your situation, if you can completely yield to the Lord, He will certainly make you a useful vessel.
* It does not depend on your strength or ability. But on the power, wisdom and strength of God our potter.
*Always remember that no matter the situation you find yourself in, Jesus is able to offer solutions and make things better.
“And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the Lord”. -Ezekiel 36:11.
The Lord is saying, no matter your ugly past He will do better for you now than the beginning.
“If thou prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward Him; If iniquity be in thine hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in thy tabernacles. For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be steadfast, and shalt not fear: Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away: And thine age shall be clearer than the noonday; thou shalt shine forth, thou shalt be as the morning. And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope; yea, thou shalt dig about thee, and thou shalt take thy rest in safety”. -Job 11: 13-18
Receive a better life in the name of Jesus Christ.
Apostle Ben Omoregie is the General Overseer of Rehoboth Church of Christ, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos.