10 SECRETS IN MARRIAGE
Prepare, plan and pray to fight for your marriage. Make up your mind to protect your home, stay with your spouse in times of needs and challenges. His/her victory and success is yours.
It is better to build than to destroy and better to cleave than to break.
Do not be careless with your marriage.
1. Everyone you marry has a weakness. If you focus on your spouse’s weakness you can’t get the best out of his/her strength.
2. No one is an angel. Everyone has a dark history. When you get married or or in a relationship, stop digging into someone’s past. What matters most is the present life of your partner. Old things have passed away. Forget the past, focus on the present and the future.
3. Marriage is not a bed of roses. Every marriage has its challenges and a good marriage would have to go through a test of blazing fire. True love proves in times of challenges.
4. Every marriage has different levels of success. Don’t compare your marriage with any one else, you can’t be equal and to avoid stress in marriage, be patient, work hard and with time your marriage dreams shall come true.
5. To get married is declaring war. When you are married, declare war against enemies of marriage. Some enemies of marriage are: Ignorance, prayerlessness, unforgiveness, third party influence, stinginess, stubbornness, lack of love,rudeness, laziness, disrespect, cheating etc. Maintain your marriage zone.
6. There is no perfect marriage and ready-made marriage. Marriage is daily hard work. Work on it, for proper maintenance and service. If not regularly done it will break down and expose the couple to danger or unhealthy situations.
7. God will not give you a complete person you desire. He gives you the person in the form of raw materials for you to mould into your desire and can only be achieved by prayer, love and patience.
8. Getting married is taking a huge risk. You can’t predict what will happen in future. Always give room for adjustments and development. There will be challenges along the lines, be prayerful and mentally strong, to avoid break up.
9. Marriage is not a contract. It is permanent with total commitment. Love is the glue that sticks couples together. Divorce starts in the mind and the devil feeds the mind. Never entertain thoughts of getting a divorce. Never threaten your spouse with divorce. Choose to resolve every issue and remain married. God hates divorce!
10. Every marriage has a price tag. Marriage is like a bank account, what you deposit is what you withdraw. If you don’t deposit love, peace and understanding into your marriage, you do not qualify for a blissful home.